LEARNING CENTER EXPECTATIONS
Many special education students have a learning center. The following are the expectations of all learning centers:
- Arrive on time, prepared to work. Bring all necessary materials including
- Agenda - to be filled out for every subject even if no homework is assigned
- Core homework/binder including copies of assignment sheets
- Math homework or elective homework
An important note: students rarely have Learning Center on the same day as their core classes, therefore, it is essential that students understand that they are EXPECTED to bring core homework with them to Learning Center.
All textbooks and core literature/novels are available for use in the Learning Center.
- Working through the entire period.
Normally students will have more than enough homework to use up the whole block, but if they finish early it is their responsibility to continue working on:
- Review and studying
- Reading in core literature
- Any make-up work
Students who have finished everything and are unprepared to do general education work will be assigned additional work such as Exit exam preparation or study skills work.
Please be aware that at the high school level students will, for the most part, NOT be able to complete all assigned homework in the Learning Center.
Therefore, plan on homework taking at least one hour per night IN ADDITION TO THE TIME SPENT IN LEARNING CENTER.