Participation in interscholastic sports build a positive self-image, promotes health and fitness, and provides a challenge to inspire students to excel beyond their perceived limits. Interscholastic athletics are an integral part of our educational program and are designed to have a positive influence on students. In addition to athletic skill development, our coaches are responsible for teaching our student-athletes proper attitudes towards citizenship, sportsmanship, and cooperation as well as developing self-discipline and positive self-esteem. The primary goals of our athletic program for the young men and women within the Windsor Unified School District are as follows:
Through deliberate and explicit instruction, these goals will further cultivate our environment of positive sportsmanship that will serve as a model for students, athletes, staff, and spectators. Moreover, they will develop positive character and leadership skills, equipping student athletes for life both on and off the field.
- To provide an athletic program that is an integral part of the educational program, is responsive to the expressed needs, interests, and abilities of the students, and is consistent with available facilities, equipment, and staff.
- To provide an athletic program that will satisfy the competitive needs and the recreational needs of the students.
- To provide equal opportunities for all students in the athletic program.
- To provide an athletic program which will promote physical well being and desirable attitudes in leadership and sportsmanship for both the participants and the spectators
- To provide the students with a qualified staff to coach and supervise the athletic program.